Tuesday, August 15, 2017

A painted fish and reading


I had to pull out some of my smaller paintbrushes for this one, as the fish scales require more detail. 

What have you been reading? The Botany of Desire by Michael Pollan caught my eye recently. It is one of those books that you know you need to read, but never find the time to. Well, now I've found the time--and the book has not disappointed. Learning about the relationships between humans and plants, I've really been savoring the language.


I've been focusing more on drawing cartoons, as it's just something that I've never really explored before. I like how free it is--I don't have to worry over whether or not it looks realistic. I can take illustrations in the direction I desire. 

So perhaps I'll stick with cartoons for now. Though, to be perfectly honest with you, The Botany of Desire is really pushing me to paint a realistic apple. 

3 comments:

  1. I try to learn realistic drawing too. It is soooooo hard :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your beautiful drawing, Melina. Your fish is gorgeous! I also love the pretty girl! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful painted fish, the scales look fabulous.
    Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
    x

    ReplyDelete