Saturday, October 21, 2017

Service Women Stamp


The zipper pouch of my traveler's notebook plastic insert houses paper ephemera, such as an old map print and a decorative paper for French men's watches; things that I find interesting. I was able to add this 1952 3c "Service Women" stamp, a deep blue paper that shows women in uniform from the Marines, Army, Navy, and Air Corps.

It's so small in proportion to the size of the insert, but it was something that really touched me. That's why I found it nice to flip open my Midori and have it as one of the first things I look at. Girl power, am I right?

8 comments:

  1. Yes you are!!!This stamp is so amazing^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course you are right, Melina! Girl power!!! Touchy and adorable! Kisses, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Melina, you always find the most interesting items.. I agree this 'Girl Power' ... I have missed reading your blog, I was so touched by all the sweet comments you left on my blog while I was away from writing. I am back now, working myself back to catching up with everyone... I so missed the blogging world and all the people I have become close with over time xox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh dude I love this. I adore finding things like this, it always gives me a chance t think about things and people that have come before me, and with this stamp it's not hard to feel a little empowered.

    Amy;
    Little Moon Elephant

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that looks soo nice. Where do you got the cute map from?
    Thank you for your nice comment by the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just a hello, Melina. I missed you, my friend.

    ReplyDelete